Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:28:39 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Jin Guojun[ITG]" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, jinouye@cse.ogi.edu
Subject:   Re: IRQ assignment for PII motherboards

> This is no a real BIOS problem. Two ways to solve it:
> (1)	boot -c
> 	irq xxx #

For a pair of PCI devices?  That would be an interesting trick.
I don't think you read his message in enough detail. :-)

> (2) recompile your kernel. Please refer the freebsd manual.

Won't help either - see above.

The bigger issue here for me at least is why this doesn't work with a
shared IRQ.  I've had, for example, my SMC (PCI) ethernet card and my
Adaptec 2940 on the same IRQ and it worked just fine.  No problems.

What are the symptoms of failure with the shared IRQ this person
is having?  Are they sure it's because of IRQ sharing that this
problem exists, or is it perhaps something else?

					Jordan