Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2008 17:02:12 +0300
From:      Boris Samorodov <bsam@ipt.ru>
To:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   HEADS-UP: linux_base-f8 is at the portstree

Hello list,

I'm proud to introduce a new emulators/linux_base-f8 port that was
just been committed.

It should be used just like linux_base-fc6. Please read
/usr/ports/UPDATING record 20070327: AFFECTS: users of
emulators/linux_base-fc6.

This port is intended to be used with CURRENT and RELENG_7 only.

NOTES:
-----
1. This port is known to lack some previous linux glibc bug which
   lead to program fails with diagnostic "double free or corruption
   (!prev)" (kern/117010).

2. This port is known to use (at least for GUI applications
   like linux-firefox, linux-thunderbird, linux-semonkey)
   some futex operations that are emplemented at CURRENT for now.
   They should be MFCed to RELENG_7 in two days though. For impatient:
   you may use /sys/compat/linux/linux_futex.c,rev.1.12 from CURRENT.

As for me I use the port successfully with last nvidia-drivers,
acroread7, linux-opera at 7.0-RELEASE.

Have fun. Be happy.

WBR
--