Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 2004 08:05:22 -0700
From:      David Leimbach <leimy2k@mac.com>
To:        jade@oxymail.org
Cc:        freebsd-ppc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Xserve ?

I don't think we have G5 support yet.  G5's are significantly different
from G4s in a few ways that really matter to operating systems.
Missing BAT registers and other "fun stuff" like fan-drivers have meant
that even platforms that support 64bit PPC don't necessarily support G5
[like the L4 microkernels I've been playing with]

Dave