Date:      Fri, 26 Sep 2008 13:49:22 +0200
From:      VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>,  VeeJay <maanjee@gmail.com>
Subject:   How to select/choose new NIC under FreeBSD?

Hello there,

At my work, I have a Dell PowerEdge2950 running FreeBSD 7.0, Webserver. This
server has onboard Broadcom NetXtreme II BCM5708 1000Base-T with 2 ports.
But we have faced watchdog timeouts and after googling and getting help on
this great forum, we were able to figure out that this is Broadcom
incompatibilty.
So, we have bought Intel Pro 1000PT Single Port Gigabit PCIe Cu now. Which I
am going to install in the server but before;
I need some information, where I seek you guys help???

1. How to tell FreeBSD to which NIC to use?
2. Where else I should make changes under /etc folder?

I will aprecaite your help!
--
Thanks!

BR / vj