Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 1998 21:29:01 -0500
From:      Matthew Hagerty <matthew@wolfepub.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   NCurses and cons25

Greetings,

   I am trying to use NCurses-4.1 under FreeBSD 2.2.5 running on a 486.
The package compiled fine, but when I try to run *any* of the test programs
that come with the package, I get to following error:

Error opening terminal: cons25

   I have had very little luck finding much information on using or
configuring curses or ncurses.  Also, I can't seem to find any information
on how to set a terminal type.  Is there anything special about cons25 that
makes it a better choice for the console than say some VTxxx terminal type?
 I'm writing several programs in which I need full screen, color, cursor,
and key control.  The programs will always be run from a console in 80X25.

   Last, if this is getting posted to a list, how can I get on it?

Thank you,
Matthew Hagerty
wpub1@net-link.net