Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 12:05:02 +0800
From:      chas <panda@peace.com.my>
To:        "Mr Fluffy" <guitar_guru64@hotmail.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Networking Freebsd ???????

I generally make it a rule to not communicate with people
with names like "Mr Fluffy" but today's a holiday. :-)

>Hi when I installed Freebsd installed with a NIC card
>When I installed it 3 months ago the NIC card was detected during the
>installation process.
>
>I was wondering how I can setup freebsd so I can use the win95 PC to log
>onto the FREEBSD using telnet.
>
>Please tell me how it is done.
>
>Help Me :(

Put the following line in /etc/inetd.conf :

telnet  stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/libexec/telnetd    telnetd

Then restart inetd.

I'm assuming you really have networked the FreeBSD box.

chas