Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 2004 19:14:18 +0000
From:      Graham Bentley <gbentley@uk2.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-questions Digest, Vol 81, Issue 24

Hi All,

As an experiment (and to gain some expereince) I would like
to test out locally various CMS software.

I have a 5.3 release disc here and can get a minimal install
up and running and on the net quite quickly now.

What I am struggling with is the following :-

What is the best order (options/versions) to install these packages

Mysql, Apache, PHP - which I need to test out the CMS software

Just recently I installed Apache2, then PHP 3.9.2 and MySQL 4.0
only to find I had not got support for MySQL compiled into PHP.

There must be some logical methods to ensure that each package
has the dependancies it requires ?

For eample do I need /usr/ports/www/mod_php4 as well
as /usr/ports/lang/php4 ?

Any advice appreciated :)

Custom PC North West
Open Source Solutions