Date:      Sat, 06 Jan 1996 21:30:11 -0800
From:      Brett Bourbin <brett@selgus.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/2 AUX mouse problems with 2.1

Are there any other issues with the 2.1 psm PS/2 AUX mouse driver, than
those listed in the FAQ?

I have added a psm0 line (exactly the way it was in the LINT config)
along with the PSM_NO_RESET option and made the device, but the kernel
still does not think the mouse is there.

It is, since I am writing this mail from the same box under Win95.

I have looked at psm.c and inserted some debugging printf's and the
probe  read (the inb() call) is returning 0x55.  The check it seems to
be doing is if bit 2 is set, the mouse is not there.  Is this correct?
It also assumes that it is at port 0x60, and IRQ 12.  I know the
interrupt is correct, and I assume the port it right.

Does anyone else have a PS/2 AUX mouse and have it work under FreeBSD?

Thanks in advance.
--
  Brett Bourbin, President	SELGUS LIMITED
  brett@selgus.com		555 Bryant Street, Suite 221