Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 1996 21:37:22 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.tfs.com>
To:        Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
Cc:        wollman@lcs.mit.edu (Garrett Wollman), current@FreeBSD.ORG, imp@village.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/ccd ccd.c src/sys/dev/vn vn.c src/sys/sys conf.h src/sys/i386/isa fd.c mcd.c scd.c wcd.c wd.c wt.c s

As much as I pride myself with never agreeing with Garrett, I'm having a
hard time finding a reason not to in this particular case.  :-)

There are a couple of fine points still not resolved.
There is >still< no way to generally specify a policy:
	"Make all disks foo.bar mode 0640"
and such.

The major/minor of the underlying nodes are of course of no significance,
but wouldn't it be nice to get rid of all that blasted code entirely ?

Why would we even care about the type of node apart from "Directory" or
"Not Directory" ?  Ie, we could mount devfs on a FS that doesn't support
c/b devs at all (msdos, hfs ...)

whois: [PHK]                | phk@ref.tfs.com       TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
Future will arrive by its own means, progress not so.