Date:      Wed, 10 Dec 1997 10:53:54 +1100
From:      ZorkLord <zorklord@xtreme.net.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

FreeBSD Inc.

        Hey, I'm sick of Winblows from Microspastic, and FreeBSD looks
        like the best alternative, I just have a few questions before
        I go ahead with it.  My situation is that I have a 4.3Gig HDD
        split into two 2.15Gig partitions, the second partition has
        nothing on it as yet but is formatted to FAT16, the first
        partition is also FAT16 and has Windows 98 installed, I need
        to leave Windows on there for the rest of the family.  My
        first question is, if I install FreeBSD on the second
        partition of my hard drive, there will be alot of space let
        over, can I still access/use this spare space with Windows/DOS
        or will I be only able to access this patition with FreeBSD?
        Also, can I run any UNIX/Linux application on FreeBSD?  What
        is X Windows?  If I hate Windows will I hate X Windows??  Is
        there anywhere to download FreeBSD in a zip file or something
        like that, it just seems a pain in the ass to have to d/l all
        those files seperatly and in all the different directories,
        how big is it in total anyway?  Any answers would be most
        appreciated as I cant go ahead with the installation without
        the answers...

Yours Faithfully

      Stephen Swincer
      -zL zorklord@xtreme.net.au