Date:      Wed, 04 Mar 1998 23:41:54 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Donations.

On Wed, 4 Mar 1998 11:06:51 -0500 (EST), Chuck Robey
<chuckr@glue.umd.edu> wrote:

>If the only thing that you can see are wasted opportunities to make bucks,
>why are you involved with a volunteer OS?  I personally think it's because
>you *like* messing around with FreeBSD ... isn't that so?

It started as a hobby but now my interest is primarily for business
use.

If FreeBSD developers don't want their "volunteer" project to grow
into a well funded organization, another group will come along who do.
And they can easily take all the work done by the poor volunteers and
call their own project BigBucksBSD or whatever they like.

I expect there will be a market demand for this, and some enterprising
developers will step in to fill that demand.

--
Browser war over, Mozilla now free.