Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 04:10:46 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@dal.net>
To:        Niall Smart <njs3@doc.ic.ac.uk>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WINE (was: Uncle Sam, got a million bucks?)

Niall Smart wrote:

> On Mar 9,  9:53pm, Studded wrote:
> >
> >       If someone were really looking to get started on this, I'd say scrap
> > win 3.1 support altogether and work exclusively on win 32. I have one
> > app that I really want to get working, and bochs won't help me since
> > it's an internet app.
> >
> > Doug
> >
> > --
> > ***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
> > *** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest
> > *** Internet Relay Chat server.  5,328 clients and still growing.
> > *** Try spider.dal.net on ports 6662-4    (Powered by FreeBSD)
>
> Hmmm, is it mIRC? ;)

	Good guess. :) I've got a *LOT* of time and effort invested in my IRC
Operator scripts (about 200k worth) and there aren't any unix irc
clients that will let me do everything that mirc does (mostly putting
different information in different windows so that I can analyze
different elements of the network at the same time, and still chat with
my friends :), even if I wanted to take the time to learn the scripting
language(s) which I don't. This is basically the only reason I boot
something other than freebsd anymore, if you don't count the odd DOS
game. :)

Doug