Date:      Wed, 25 Mar 1998 09:18:12 +0000
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ipfw logging...

Is there anyway with ipfw of it logging _all_ failed packets? - I have an
ipfw config with a few specific 'log' entries in it, e.g.

deny log any from 1.2.3.4 to 3.4.5.6

For really nasty things like external telnets to the box (even though the
list is implicit deny)

But I'd really like to see _ALL_ the failed packets logged - I'm thinking of
adding a really high numbered rule (just 'above' the default rule) that
says:

deny log ip from any to any

Is this going to work? - (I might have to increased the kernel's
IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT I guess)...

Anyone else have any comments?

Regards,

Karl Pielorz