Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:29:05 -0700
From:      "Saffa J. Kemokai" <norwoh@prodigy.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SCSI - ST15230W

Hello:

I have a classic funny porblem with SCSI drive (narrow/wide) on Adaptec
2940 UW host adaptor. I am using 68 pin adaptor to connect the drive to
the host adaptor. Every thing looks OK from reading boot msgs. However,
I am getting 31Mb instead 4.3Gig total capacity. Someone has told me
that BSD/unix has utility to reformat the drive to its full capacity. I
have used the SCSI onboard utility to formtat the drive but I still get
31Mb. Can any one help with ..?

I have instead FreeBSD on a 2.3Gig IDE as a walk-around in the same box.
Both the IDE and the SCSI are visible except FreeBSD is installed on the
IDE alone until I can find a way to access the full capacity of the
SCSI. The SCSI was initially the only drive in the box.

I greatly appreciate any recommendation, reference ...etc..

Thanks

Saffa