Date:      Sat, 02 May 1998 22:46:05 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: named upgrade

Doug White wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Any time estimates on when BIND 4.9.7 is going into the source tree,
> and/or is someone working on it?  Now that 4.9.6 is vulnerable to major
> security bugs we need to accelerate this upgrade.

	Peter was working on it today. I just cvsup'ed and built -stable and
named is 4.9.7-T1b. It's also in -current for now, although he's upping
that to the 8.1.2 beta. Paul Vixie wants to put out the gold versions of
both in the next few days but the word is that the changes between the
last beta and the gold versions are small.

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud designer and maintainer of the world's largest Internet