Date:      Tue, 05 May 1998 20:48:45 +0100
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        Tom <tom@sdf.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: dump/restore broken?

Tom wrote:

>   Posted Apr 16 to freebsd-stable.  The only response that I received was
> from someone that said, "thats just like the PR that I sent a long time
> ago".
>
>   Anyhow, basically any kind of restore operation (restore -t, or
> restore -r) results in an immediate "hole in map" response, with a "abort?
> [yn]" prompt, and then about three seconds later, a segmentation fault.

I think you need to be a bit more specific... So, your saying that if I run
a dump - and then later go to restore it, or check what's on a previously
'dumped' tape by running:

restore t

It's going to barf? - Because it doesn't on my system... It's never barfed
on a 't' - and only once on a restore (but that as I've already said) was
due to bad termination...

Regards,

Karl Pielorz