Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 12:42:21 +1000
From:      pedro <pedro@crp.com.au>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        "\"freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG\"" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: homenetwork

Richard Wackerbarth wrote:

> At 8:09 AM -0500 5/9/98, David Peterson wrote:
> >> Isn't that what the list is for, so that any others with the same
> >> question can get the same information
> >
> >> instead of having to ask the same questions again?
>
> Yes, and no.
>
> IMHO, the list should be a place to gain information.
> I feel that I provided some information that is of general value.
> I indicated to the list a willingness to see that the enquirer
> received assistance. I also provided general information that
> someone needs to examine in order to isolate the problem.
> This is of general value.
>
> However, the details of this individual's particular problem
> are not likely to be of value for most readers until we isolate
> the problem. At that point, a synopsis of the situation, posted
> to the list, would provide a concise summary for everyone's
> benefit.
>
> If you feel differently, that is your privledge. Would you prefer to
> handle this query? I can always add you to my kill list so that I am
> not bothered by the traffic.
>
> Richard Wackerbarth

Add me to your kill list?????? Sorry.....Did I miss something?
I was not making any sort of attack on your knowledge or information,
and I'm sure that you could provide the list with quite a detailed
synopsis
of the situation. I was making a general comment about the 'willingness'

of others to also help track down a problem (I think that the last count

was 5 independent users with help for this particular inquiry) and the
benefit it would have for others with issues in the same area.

I'm sorry but I don't have anything as elaborate as a 'KILL LIST' that I

can offer to add you to.

Thank you for all your time.

David Peterson.