Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 1998 10:01:37 -0700
From:      "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@Boolean.Net>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   CAM on a -current branch

I've been attempting to construct a decent source combining
-current of mid-May (5/13, 5/19, or 5/20) with CAM source available
via ftp.freebsd.org.   Given the problems with build/install world of
mid-May
and not knowing the exact time the CAM source was based upon, it's damn
near impossible.   Figure I'll just wait out the next CAM snapshot.

It appears that more and more folks are now running CAM (namely for
support of newer devices like the AIC-7895 and overall SCSI stability).
I would think it would be wise to check the source into the repository
(on a branch of -current).   This should would make life easier for the
testers and users of this fine software.   It might even make life
easier for
developers (as they would have to rely on folks doing the merge
correctly).

I'll be running CAM+CCD+Softupdates...  hopefully it won't be that
interesting.

Regards, Kurt