Date:      Thu, 13 Aug 1998 12:11:24 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Putting the bt848 driver into the GENERIC kernel

Hi all

Soren suggested a BOOTKERNEL and BIGKERNEL.

I agree with that. Small (fit on floppy) BOOTKERNEL.
Then the actuallt GENERIC kernel on the hard disk is the BIGKERNEL
(bt848 DGA mode only support - no frame buffer allocation, and say
Luigi's PCM code - really we just want the mixer and volume control)

Soren, could you take it up with whoever in core handles the
Build/Kernel process to see if they are interested in the idea please.

Thanks
Roger
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Group
(26 hours to vacation)