Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:38:48 +0300
From:      Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   2.2.7 and user PPP lockups

Hi,

I just made the great leap from Linux two days ago, and I am
experiencing a wierd problem: I am running 2.2.7 and I set up user PPP
as per the Handbook. All seems to be running fine, except that after
around 15-20 minutes of being connected my entire PPP session locks up.
Netscape freezes, and if I drop to an xterm and try various pings,
traceroutes, etc... they lock up too. If I let the ping work for a few
seconds and then ctrl-c it, I always get something like: 100 packets
sent, 0 received, 100% loss.

This can always be corrected by hanging up the user ppp connection, and
redialing. That is, corrected for another 15-20 minutes.

This is not repeatable either under Linux or NT.

I don't know what other information to give, so please ask and I'll send
whatever you need.

	Thanks,
	Yoav

PS: Apart from this problem, I am having a _great_ time! Really nice
job, this FreeBSD.