Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 19:40:11 +0300
From:      Yoav Cohen-Sivan <ycs@netvision.net.il>
To:        Scott <scott@SchematiX.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 2.2.7 and user PPP lockups

Scott wrote:

> Check the timeout portion of the ppp.conf file. Its possible that you are
> hitting the time limit and its booting you off. Just make sure timeout is
> set to 0.

I explicitly set my timeout to 0. I just experienced this again, only
this time it was something like 2-3 minutes after connecting. ps -ax
shows that PPP is S+. This is wierd, since at the same time one window
shows it at S state I can type in commands to the PPP program in
another.
I am going to try kernel PPP as someone suggested and see if this makes
a difference.

I have also received a few e-mails from other people experiencing this.
If anyone else is seeing this, send me a note and I'll try to get
something ready for the maintainer.

		Yoav