Date:      Wed, 26 Aug 1998 13:19:44 -0700
From:      Graeme Tait <graeme@echidna.com>
To:        FreeBSD-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        graeme@echidna.com
Subject:   Dell PowerEdge 2300 with Adaptec 7890

We are considering the purchase of a Dell PowerEdge 2300 which has
integrated Adaptec 7890 and 7860 SCSI controllers.

The purchase decision is *urgent*, so I would appreciate any assistance,
in particular from those who have tried or investigated this combination.

I've read the archives, and get the impression that it should work with
FreeBSD, but all the posts have left me rather confused.

I gather I need the CAM patches, plus a boot disc with CAM.

But which OS version do I need or should I use? Can I use 2.2.6-Release?

Discussion seems to have focussed on the 7890. Is there any issue with
the support for the 7860 that runs the cd-rom drive?

Are there any outstanding problems with this setup?

Thanks!

--
Graeme Tait - Echidna