Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 19:32:37 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        se@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   NCR 53c875 support broken in 2.2.1.

Well, I finally stuck the "new freefall" together today (it's
temporarily going by the name of "ripcord.cdrom.com" until we get it
all set up and ready to deploy) and it has an NCR/Symbios 53c875 based
SCSI WIDE card in it, attached to a Quantum Atlas I WIDE drive.  When
I attempted to install 2.2.1, the NCR driver immediately fell over
after probing the drive and started spitting out bits of failed
sequencer commands; I didn't have anything to write them down on at
the time and figured I could always reproduce them on demand later if
need be, so apologies in advance for the lack of detail here (this is
mostly a "heads up" message).

I then went to 2.1.7 and it worked just great, so that's what we'll
obviously have to run on ripcord for awhile. :-)

Stefan - please let me know how you want to procede on this.  Also, I
have an extra one of these cards lying around and if you'd like to
have it, just ask and I'll have it FedEx'd to you.  I can understand
that these cards are somewhat new (especially in WIDE) so you probably
don't have one available for testing.

					Jordan