Date:      Mon, 19 Oct 1998 10:19:50 -0700
From:      Studded <Studded@gorean.org>
To:        "Dag-Erling C. =?iso-8859-1?Q?Sm=F8rgrav?=" <dag-erli@ifi.uio.no>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sh and ~ expansion

"Dag-Erling C. Smørgrav" wrote:

> Why doesn't ~ expansion work in the following case:
>
>   export GLORB=~
>
> as it does in
>
>   GLORB=~; export GLORB

	I've seen a couple of people complain about 'export foo=bar' causing
problems in our implementation of sh. I haven't looked at why it's a
problem but if it's any comfort, yes, it seems to be a bug. I've gotten
into the habit of using 'foo=bar; export foo' when using sh anyway since
it's more portable.

Doug
--
***           Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network          ***

    Go PADRES!