Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 06:06:56 -0700
From:      Eddie Fry <eddie@eaznet.com>
To:        "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cyrix MII-300 Processor & FreeBSD

I wanted a K6, but with the price cuts coming, my suppliers won't get  me one.
So, I bought a Cyrix instead.  I guess I can always pull it in a month and
replace it with, what will probably be a cheaper, K6.  When are the K7's coming
out? I've read about them, but thought they were a ways off yet.

Eddie

Jeffrey J. Mountin wrote:

> At 07:34 PM 10/21/98 -0500, Steve Kaczkowski wrote:
> >I'd stick with either Intel or AMD, considering how CHEAP their chips
> >are why would you want to get anything else..
>
> About $70 for a MII-300 vs $110 for K6-2 300.  Not much really.  Unless
> Cyrix were to do something radical I _never_ plan to purchase one again.
>
> Still it does what I need and was a good buy at the time for one of my
> workstations.  Hmmm... and it's _still_ in my production server.  How ironic.
>
> But I'm slow to upgrade hardware when it meets the need.
>
> Jeff Mountin - Unix Systems TCP/IP networking
> jeff@mountin.net

Eddie Fry
EAZNet Internet Services