Date:      Sat, 25 Apr 1998 12:06:44 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>
Cc:        toshok@Hungry.COM (Christoph Toshok), freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: threads performance

> The issue of kernel threads is on my plate, I have been *ordered*

I think he was still wanting to know (and I'm darn curious myself)
why our *user* threads are so slow in comparison to the user thread
packages on other platforms.  I'm not saying kernel threads aren't
neat or needed, I'm just wondering what specific performance bogon
we're suffering from in userland which makes it so?

					Jordan