Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 99 17:57:31 +500
From:      farid@connection.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help me please!

hello FreeBSD group,

I'm having some trouble, when I installed FreeBSD it asked me for a hostname
and a domainname. I just put fserv as host name and no domainname. Now when
I start it says something like: My_unqualified_hostname and sometimes Get_hostname
failed. I tried changing it by typing hostname 'new_hostname' but when i reboot
again it is back to the old hostname. How can i change it properly and what
is a good hostname and domain name? Is there a rule?
    Also my cd-rom driver doesn't work properly. It detects it at the beginig
and then when i cd to /cdrom there are no files in there. Do i have to mount
somehow?

Thank you very much for you help and time.