Date:      Thu, 06 May 1999 02:05:47 GMT
From:      mike@sentex.net (Mike Tancsa)
To:        rmillian@rochester.rr.com (Rudynell Millian)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Best 3.0 to 3.1 upgrade path,...

On 5 May 1999 19:04:42 -0400, in sentex.lists.freebsd.misc you wrote:

>o Cvsup directly to 3.1 stable from my current 3.0 setup?

I would say cvsup.

>I see a lot of problems reported against 3.1. in the stable group. This
>makes me reluctant to upgrade. It seems there were fewer issues with
>2.2.8.

Yes and no.. Remember, you are generally only going to hear about problems,
and not posts that say "Everything OK here... no problems to report".  I
have a couple of 3.x machines in production, and so far I have been quite
happy with them.  But going from 3.0 to STABLE should do you well,
especially if you are using well supported hardware.

	---Mike
Mike Tancsa  (mdtancsa@sentex.net)
Sentex Communications Corp,
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada