Date:      Sat, 19 Feb 2000 15:28:01 -0500
From:      "James A. Mutter" <jmutter@ds.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Acrobat4 Plugin for Netscape

I realize that this is slightly off topic, but I'm sure that someone has
the answer.

I'm trying to install Acrobat4 as a plugin for Netscape and I'm not
having any luck at all.

I'm using linux-netscape-communicator-4.7 and Acrobat4 from the ports
collection.  So far I've tried the following:
  cp nppdf.so /usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/plugins/ (That doesn't work)
  ln -s /usr/local/Acrobat4/Browsers/intellinux/nppdf.so
/usr/local/lib/netscape-linux/plugins/ (That doesn't work either)

The problem is that Acrobat never shows up as a plugin.  I can however
set this up as a helper app without any problems.

Does anyone have instructions on how to make this work?

Thanks,
Jim