Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 16:04:21 +0200
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        wc.bulte@chello.nl, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i386/17984: coredumps due to incorrect FP handling

Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:19:47 +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
>
> > It does IMO, because it definitely fixes a bug for a lot of RELENG_3
> > users who cannot or don't want to go to 4.0 at this point in time.
>
> My understanding is that this doesn't fix a bug at all.  It simply
> relaxes restrictions previously placed on badly written software.

Sheldon, IMHO this PR should be reopened and assigned to bde or
cracauer (bde submitted the changes to FP handling and cracauer
committed them), asking for a MFC to RELENG_3. The acroread4 issue
is important enough, and probably other applications (badly written,
indeed) are affected. Also I think that RELENG_3 should not be
considered "dead" before the last release off that branch (3.5?).

Saludos,
-- JMA