Date:      Sat, 27 May 2000 17:39:39 +0000
From:      Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?= <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
To:        Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>, FreeBSD-Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: major problems doing buildworld after cvsup in FreeBSD 4.0

Hi!

Szilveszter Adam wrote:
> Complicated problems like this often have a one-line solution. This one is
> such a problem:
>
> On Sat, May 27, 2000 at 03:55:36PM +0000, Joachim Strömbergson wrote:
> > # $Id: secure-stable-supfile,v 1.9.2.2 1999/02/11 20:14:51 jdp Exp $
>
> [...]
> > # Defaults that apply to all the collections
> > *default host=cvsup.internat.FreeBSD.org
> > *default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
> > *default prefix=/usr
> > # The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
> > # "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
> > *default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3
>
> Any good reason for not updating this one?:-) Should be RELENG_4, of course.

Where in my file did you see that? In the file cvsup file I use, and the
one included in my first mail, I can only see the following:

# Defaults that apply to all the collections
#
# IMPORTANT: Change the next line to use one of the CVSup mirror sites
# listed at http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/mirrors.html.
#*default host=cvsup.se.FreeBSD.ORG
*default host=cvsup.fi.FreeBSD.ORG
#*default host=cvsup3.FreeBSD.ORG

*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr

# The following line is for 3-stable.  If you want 2.2-stable, change
# "RELENG_3" to "RELENG_2_2".
#*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_3

#Changing to RELENG_4 on 2000-03-16.
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4
*default delete use-rel-suffix

In other words, the old RELENG_3 tag is commented out and the RELENG_4
is the new tag.
Are you saying the cvsup is ignoring the comment character? I hope I'm
not blind here, but to mee it looks like I'm cvsupping the RELENG_4.

BTW: Thanks for the suggestions on the crypto stuff. I will try that
out.

--
Cheers!
Joachim - Alltid i harmonisk svängning