Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 14:30:20 -0400
From:      Chad Ziccardi <zicc@bellatlantic.net>
To:        freebsd-question@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installs of Multiple Servers

Hello all,

	I'm looking for the best way to install multiple servers and keep them
updated.

	Currently the plans are as follows:
		Install all the boxen with the same exact setup (most likely install.cfg
thru sysinstaller)
		Have them do a local ftp install off that box

	I'm looking for the easiest way to keep them all updated when need be. we
have 1 box that tracks stable by-weekly, if needed I wish to run a script
on the servers to update them to the current -stable. I'm guessing this
would be easiest by mounting /usr/src /usr/obj and running make
installworld.

	Perhaps run make release on that box, using that to install them all, then
when updates are needed upgrade to a new release off that same box?

	I'm not sure the best way to go about it. Not all machiens are identical,
but are very close.
	They systems are:
		10x P3 600, 256ram, 30gig
		5x P3 550, 128ram, 35gig
		5x K7 650, 256 ram, 40gig

		5x P-100, 64ram, 6gig
		3x 486-100, 32ram, 540meg

	I'd be fine not having the P-100 and 486's in the setup they are most
likely a temp fix for workstations (p100) and the 486s are being used as
internal dns boxes.

-ChadZiccardi