Date:      Sat, 01 Jul 2000 10:06:55 +0100
From:      Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
To:        small@freebsd.org
Subject:   'more' has gone from the 5.x/4.x sources. more is less

Hi,

The 'more' command has now been removed from the FreeBSD 5.x and 4.x
source tree (was /src/usr.bin/more)

The main FreeBSD source is now using GNU 'less' which is now part of the
main source tree at /usr/src/contrib/less.

There is a symbolic link created for 'more' which maps it to less.

What do we want to do with PicoBSD which puts 'more' on a
few disks.

We can
a) use the new 'less' which is a little _bigger_ than 'more'
b) copy the old BSD 'more' over to Tinyware and keep using it there?
c) make PicoBSD get the new port '44BSD-more' which is the old more
source.
   but that means we always have to link in a port with PicoBSD

I'm trying to get PicoBSD on 4.x working ready for the 4.1
release, and this has beome my next problem to resolve.

Roger
--
Roger Hardiman
Strathclyde Uni Telepresence Research Group, Glasgow, Scotland.