Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2000 22:01:05 -0500
From:      John Lengeling <johnl@raccoon.com>
To:        Robert Augustine <raugustine@reflectively.net>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Random Reboots and Miscellaneous Athlon/FIC Problems.

Robert Augustine wrote:

> Hello,
>     I would like to update the list on my problems and give a brief
> generalisation.  I would have to say that the SD-11 must be poorly
> manufactured because along with the fact that random reboots occur quite
> often, and are almost impossible to trace, the UDMA33 and ATA66 don't work
> at all.

If you search freebsd-questions/hardware you will find other people who have had problems with SD-11s.
I finally resolved my SD-11 crashing problems by:

- Replacing power supply with one which is on AMD's approved list (cut frequency of crashes from minutes to 1-2 days)
- Upgrading BIOS.  I was using an ATI Rage Pro video card and there was some issues with this card and the
  SD-11.  There was a BIOS upgrade in Janurary/Feburary of this year which seemed to have completly fixed my crashing
  problems.

I would not purchase another SD-11 based on my experiences.

johnl