Date:      Mon, 16 Oct 2000 01:14:01 -0400
From:      Kevin Brunelle <kruptos@netzero.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD gave me more than I expected!

FreeBSD gave me more open ports than I expected. I just rebuilt world on
my system (cvsup @ approx 10pm EST 10.15.2000) and I found some weird
ports to be open.

515 {printer}
587 {submission}

To my knowledge, these ports were not open before I rebuilt world. I
have not changed any of my configuration files concering which daemons
start on boot either.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me what was
going on.  I can guess at what printer does, but how do I turn it off?
And what started it? As for submission (sounds too kinky for my system)
what is it, what program runs it, what does it do, and how do I turn it
off?

-Kevin
Don't open your eyes, you won't like what you see;
the devils of truth steal the souls of the free...
Don't open your eyes, take it from me --
I have found you can find happiness in slavery...