Date:      Mon, 30 Oct 2000 22:09:43 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PC-Card ethernet - one way talk problem

Hiyas,

Here is what I have run into with my laptop and pc-card ether
net device...
My specs are as follows:
IBM Thinkpad I Series
D-Link ethernet PC-Card "DFE-650"
FreeBSD 4.0

After fixing the timeout bug this card was having with 4.0
and finally being able to give it an address and have it
communicate it only seems to work for out going traffic,
ifconfig says its running in Simplex mode, and my switch
displays it as being in Half-Duplex...

I can ping all the machines on my network fine from the
laptop, but nothing can access it...

I installed win98 to see if maybe there was a problem
between the card and the switch but it worked perfectly
under windows... It dose come with a linux driver, Im
not sure if I can use that under FreeBSD or if that would
even help...

I am at a loss what to do about this, any help would be
greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Kal.