Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 21:59:56 -0800
From:      Shill <fake@verizon.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVSup of ports-all except localized ports

I use CVSup to track the ports collection.

$ cat cvsupfile
*default  host=cvsup2.FreeBSD.org
*default  base=/usr
*default  prefix=/usr
*default  release=cvs
*default  tag=none
*default  delete use-rel-suffix

*default tag=.
ports-all

However I have no interest in tracking the localized ports such as
chinese, french, german, hebrew, japanese, korean, russian and
vietnamese. How can I specify: track all ports EXCEPT localized
ports? Must I resort to a refuse file?

I wanted to experiment so I just went ahead and rm -rf all the
localized subdirectories. When I ran make index, it gave me around
30 or 40 warnings:

"/usr/ports/japanese/nkf" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete

All warnings mention the japanese/nkf port.

I'll point out a cosmetic bug: all warnings are missing the \n at
the end so they end up being chained which isn't very readable. I
guess I'm not supposed to brutally remove the japanese subdirectory?
Is there a "clean" way to get rid of the localized ports?

Bonus question:
drwxr-xr-x    2 569   wheel      512 Jan 28 14:49 distfiles

Who is user #569? Where did he go? I have no trace of him in
/etc/passwd.

Thank you so much for your time :)

Shill