Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 09:34:59 -0500
From:      "PSI, Mike Smith" <mlsmith@mitre.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Oh my god, Google has a USENET archive going back to 1981!

Those of you out there whose memories include CHANGING diapers not
WEARING them might appreciate this.

At the Smithsonian they have an exhibit on the history of computers.
They have all of the old, and I use the term loosely, systems on
display, most still working.

What's pathetic is that my wife (who is also in this field) and I walked
down the ENTIRE line going "used it, programmed it, programmed it, used
it". Didn't miss a one. Definitely worth a look see if you are in D.C.
area and can take the revelation that you are part of what the
Smithsonian considers "HISTORY" :-{

My pride and joy was a Dec Rainbow. It had dual processors! (Z80 and
8086) and single sided quad density floppies. Oh the joy of having your
operating system (CP/M), program AND data accessible all at the same
time!

If you don't know what a .ovl extension represents and have never
patched Wordstar, I'm sure this message has no meaning to you. Oh to be
young again.

Mike Smith
mlsmith@mitre.org