Date:      Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:00:51 -0500
From:      Naga R Narayanaswamy <nraju@mindspring.com>
To:        FreeBSD-Net <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   ng_pppoe and ng_bridge

Hi,

When I run ng_bridge between 2 ethernet interfaces and then
initiate a PPPoE session using ng_pppoe, the ppp fails and
I repeatedly get the following message:

Jan  9 11:28:55 guru ppp[387]: Warning: [1]: Cannot create PPPoE
netgraph node: Socket is already connected
Jan  9 11:28:55 guru ppp[387]: Warning: deflink: Device
(PPPoE:rl0:service_name) must begin with  a '/', a '!' or contain at
least one ':'

The ppp.conf has  set device PPPoE:rl0:service_name and
I use the bridge script on /usr/share/examples/netgraph/ether.bridge

The ng_bridge is between rl0 and dc1 ethernet interfaces. The pppoe
will originate with rl0's mac address and it will be bridged to dc1
interface
and sent to the access concentrator.

The ng_bridge itself is functioning correctly as I have verified with
ping and other data traffic. Without ng_bridge, pppoe also works
correctly.
When both are combined, them the problem.

Any clues ? I have tried this on 4.3-RELEASE and 5.0-CURRENT. Same
results.
Do I have to do something extra for ng_pppoe to use a ethernet interface
on which ng_bridge is also active.

Thanks
Naga