Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 2002 04:55:30 -0800
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Newbie Rescue Question

I was trying to mount a floppy [mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt] and
getting an error message of something like:
mount vstab:0 no such file or device
dev /fd0 busy
(don't remember exact syntax)
So I tried to copy an /etc/fstab file from a bsd floppy. Seemed to work
ok, but I neglected to check and make sure that the floppy was correctly
copied--rebooted--of course I can't reboot.

When I try using the rescue disck #2 and going to the fixit prompt I've
tried the following commands unsuccessfully:

mount /usr
mount /
mount /dev/ad0s1a,   1e, 1f, 1g

editing the fstab file.. (of course I can't mount the partition to edit
it)

and last of all doing a search on google and the archives. No luck,
probably because I'm hurrying and trying to send some dos image files.

suggestions?

thanks in advance
dale