Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 2002 10:17:44 -0800
From:      Blake Swensen <blake@pyramus.com>
To:        ISP LIST <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Login?

Installed two new machines with 4.5-RELEASE. Cannot telnet or ssh to
these, but I can rlogin, rsh, rcp, etc. if I turn on the appropriate
inetd service. I receive an access denied error.

/etc/login.access and /etc/login.conf are all standard and diff exactly
the same as systems to which I can telnet/ssh.

These machines are NISed.  I can 'ypcat passwd', and since I can rlogin,
it seems as though these are working correctly.

I have also checked to make sure that the /etc/shells are correct.

What next?

Peace,
Blake