Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 09:16:03 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        blackend@freebsd.org, cjuniet@entreview.com, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

Ross, I think this is a great idea. I thought of something similar to this not
too long ago, and was going to set up a web site with some of this on it
(although you painted a much clearer picture than what I had imagined).  I'd
also be interested in rating ports, based on ease of use, installation,
difficulty level, etc.  Now, should this be a freebsd.org thing, or a "third
party" site?  I think it might be important to have freebsd.org officially
unbiased, so maybe a third party site that freebsd.org points to would be a
better idea?

Eric