Date:      Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:40:56 -0500
From:      Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com>
To:        Ross Lippert <ripper@eskimo.com>
Cc:        blackend@freebsd.org, cjuniet@entreview.com, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/41106: FreeBSD Handbook lacks "Desktop Applications" chapter.

Great points!  I totally agree.  Instead of having everyone scripting their own
html on pages randomly across  the net, why don't we do something like this:
Make a website with a "db" backend (no SQL of course, just plain and simple) for
  the "Port Mongers" or whatever to go to, fill in their information about a
particular port, their experience, love, etc.  They submit it, and a small
number of people "moderate" it - now don't get excited about that word.  What I
mean by that is, basically read it and check for things like typos, spelling,
simple grammer mistakes, etc, prior to "committing" it - something similar to
the FreeBSD committers system already tried and tested.  Then, all ports info
will be in one place, with a common look/feel, and can be updated by the
originator if need be.

How does that sound?  If it sounds like the right path, I can whip this up and
get us started.

Eric

[..snip..]