Date:      Sun, 22 Dec 2002 19:32:22 -0500
From:      Mike Jeays <mj001@rogers.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   List etiquette

Many times I have asked questions on this list, and had helpful
replies from one or more people.  My usual practice is to reply
to them directly and thank them, and tell them whether their idea
helped.  This avoids cluttering up the list with "thank-you" messages,
but may look as though I haven't bothered to even listen.

Should one post such replies to the list?

Secondly, an occasional question goes unanswered - perhaps
because no one thought it was interesting enough to reply.
Is it acceptable to post it again after a few days?