Date:      Sun, 02 Mar 2003 12:48:58 -0500
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@potentialtech.com>
To:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
Cc:        Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The web-based bug interface is currently disabled.

Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
>>No, FreeBSD dislikes moronic skript kiddies spamming
>>the PR database.
>
> OK, I'm screwed :(. It's difficult to find committers
> interested in my ports (math/cad stuff) anyway. I
> guess I'll just keep'em for myself for some more time.

Or you could consider helping find a way to re-enable
the www to send-pr while preventing script kiddies from
abusing it.

>>So?  Set your EDITOR environment variable to
>>whatever you prefer and
>>you won't have to deal with vi.
>
> I tried that with pico some years ago, but the result
> was not nice.

Well, I can't speak for pico, but I've done this with
ee with great success.

> Anyway, it's not even an option since I've been unable
> to set up ppp properly. It connects fine but it
> doesn't resolv any address, and I have "enable dns"
> set on ppp.conf

You could always ask the list for help.  It's very possible
that your ISP doesn't provide DNS information via DHCP.  I've
got some clients who's ISPs haven't fully figured out how to
use DHCP yet.
What are the contents of /etc/resolv.conf?  You can always
get the DNS info from your ISP and enter it manually.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies