Date:      Mon, 12 May 2003 21:49:17 -0400
From:      Gerard Samuel <gsam@trini0.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   USB Mass Storage under 5.0

Im trying to hook up my digital usb camera (Fujifilm FinePix 1400) under
FreeBSD 5.0.
For some odd reason, I don't have any daxx devices under /dev after I
rebuilt the kernel
The system doesn't have any scsi devices.
If anyone can point me where Im going wrong, I would be grateful.
Thanks
Relevant snips of output/files below ->

system ->
FreeBSD gladiator.trini0.org 5.0-RELEASE-p7 FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE-p7 #1:
Mon May 12 14:38:31 EDT 2003
gsam@xxx.zzz.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GLADIATOR  i386

dmesg ->
uhci0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> port 0xe800-0xe81f irq 11 at device
16.0 on pci0
usb0: <VIA 83C572 USB controller> on uhci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: VIA UHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1

/etc/rc.conf ->
usbd_enable="YES"

kernel config file ->
# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
#device         umass           # Disks/Mass storage - Requires scbus and da
# Yes they are for SCSI but umass needs them
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required)
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)