Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 1999 23:49:26 -0600
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Catching up

As often happens, I've fallen behind on my mailing list participation due
to heavy responsibilities in the Real World. (My wife and I have just
remodeled not one but two houses; I'm using FreeBSD to re-network a local
business whose networks were strung together by several ex-employees and
are a BIG mess, and I've got several tricky hunks of assembly language --
my specialty -- to write under contract.) So, rather than responding to the
zillion messages in my "FreeBSD-Chat" mailbox individually, I'll respond to
parts of them in a handful of messages. I think it's important to address
some of the issues that have been raised in response to my postings, and
want to keep the discussions as free of flames as possible (despite some of
the ad hominem attacks that seem to have been lobbed at me). I'll do my
best to do this in the messages that follow.

--Brett Glass