Date:      Mon, 17 Jan 2000 10:49:43 -0700
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: funny repair remark

At 10:30 AM 1/17/2000 , Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

>On Mon, 17 Jan 2000, Brett Glass wrote:
>
> >This wouldn't happen to be IBM's repair center in Memphis, would it?
>
>No, it's a Toshiba, which i have been otherwise very happy with.  And they
>must all work together on repairs... mine went to Tennessee as well.

Ohmigod. You mean Solectron is the repair center for Toshiba, too?
The one on "Knight Road" in Memphis? If so, that's another brand of
laptop I will not buy.

>I've heard to stay away from them in general....

Well, the ThinkPads with the MWave modem are particularly difficult
to use with FreeBSD. (By the way, has anyone here had any success
getting the MWave's Sound Blaster emulation code loaded under
FreeBSD? I haven't been able to do it yet.)

--Brett