Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:51:56 -0800
From:      Bob <bney@quiknet.com>
To:        Sam Wun <swun@eSec.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can pc to pc communicate thru wireless LAN cards, long distance

We are using Lucent Wavelan silver cards, 24 DB antenna on one end and a
13DB sectional antenna on the other,  and smartamps on both ends which take
the transmission power to the legal limit. We are using the PAO
distribution under FreeBSD 3.5.1 Nothing real special. Just a clear line of
sight. One end is the freeBSD box and the other is a Lucent Access point.
The access point is not necessary in a peer to peer setup, we just used it
so that we could easily see the link quality and error stats.