Date:      Tue, 09 May 2000 13:09:39 -0500
From:      Ryugen@palaver.org (Ryugen C. Fisher)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Apache and rc.local

Please list this at totally confused question #21,214,643,456  (I took a
number from the  little machine by the counter)

I have a functional 3.2 and a functional 3.3 running.. both servers run
Apache and both start Apache with the same rc.local file that is shown in
the Lehey book and other places..

I have just recently installed at 3.4 server, and when I went to install
the required code in  the rc.local file... was dumbfounded to discover that
no such file exists in the /etc directory...

1) Is this the was it is "supposed to be" or do I need to copy a rc.local
file from one of the other two servers
2) If the answer to #1 is "YES" then how do you run Apache .. inetd? My
(limited) understanding is that inetd was NOT the preferred way to run Apache..

Thank in advance for you patience
Ryugen, that "Old Frog" hisself
Ryugen@palaver.org